Friday, June 26, 2020

How trustworthy are you?


Ask yourself this, Year 9...how much can you be trusted? 

⭐Can you be trusted to get on with your home learning without your parents nagging you?

⭐Can you be trusted to go out and socially distance with your friends? 

⭐Do friends trust you with their secrets?

⭐More importantly, who do you put your trust in?

You might have guessed that our theme this week is Trust. In the gospel, Jesus encourages the disciples not to be afraid of anything, even death, but rather, to trust in God the Father. He tells them that God knows each and every one of them and that they are all precious to Him, so they should have nothing to worry about. 

Believe it or not, this is how I feel about you, Year 9 and without risking sounding too Gollum-esque, individually, you are all incredibly precious to me. We've all learnt to live with a new sense of normal over the last few months and things continue to be uncertain for the not-so-distant future, but I want to reassure you that things will be OK. I can't promise you that I know all the answers, and I am certainly not suggesting that I am a God-like figure for you. What I can promise you however, is that teachers have your back when it comes to your education and come your exams in year 11, things will be OK. 

As this week draws to a close, I want you consider the following questions:


  • Who do you trust and why?
  • How do you build trust in your relationship with others?
  • Which relationships do you need to work on in order to build trust?
  • How could you go about getting to know God better this week?
  • Which fears might you be able to overcome if you genuinely trusted in the fact that, with God, everything is always alright in the end?

Below is the link to Miss Forman's assembly this week and Mr Kibble's video gives us an insight into forward plans for September. 




So, what have you been up to in the heat wave, Miss? 


Well, Year 9, that's nice of you to ask. 

We managed to do some Cherry-picking from a tree in a family member's garden. Best cherries I've ever tasted! 



Lots of staff members had a great time making home-made pizza last Friday night, all courtesy of ZIO's Italian (Miss Smeraglia's husband's restaurant). We've had a mini competition within the staff and I've just been told by Miss Gallagher that I won a prize for the best pizza. Quite frankly, I'm amazed as I never win anything! I'll let you make your own judgement below...




A quick Pup-date

As ever, I couldn't sign off without giving you a quick update on Lola. 

She's become a lot bigger over the last week and can't quite believe that she hasn't stopped growing yet. I imagine that I'll get the same shock when I see you all after all of this time off!
Lola now loves the water too. Here she is having the time of her life in Crane Park... 



I'll keep things short and sweet from me this week Year 9, as (much to my dismay in having to record myself) I've filmed an assembly for you all to enjoy that will be released next week...don't get too excited. 

We're creeping ever-closer to the end of term now and Miss Cella and I are in the process of choosing students for our final awards. For that reason, we're not having nominations this week, but will save them all up for a big blow-out at the end of term. 

Stay safe Year 9 and don't forget to lather on that sun-cream (after all, I wouldn't want you burning...you're too precious!) 

Miss M x

No comments:

Post a Comment

🎵 Try a little tenderness... 🎵

Or should I say Gentleness .  That's right, Gentleness is our theme this week and with only one more week to go, if you're anythi...